Lords of the Fallen
A vast world awaits in all-new, dark fantasy action-RPG, Lords of the Fallen. As one of the fabled Dark Crusaders, embark on an epic quest to overthrow Adyr, the demon God.
The game has seen four successful trailers so far:
- Announcement Trailer showcased at gamescom Opening Night Live 2022.
- Gameplay Teaser Trailer showcased at The Game Awards 2022.
- Technical Showcase Trailer showcased at State of Unreal during GDC 2023.
- Gameplay Reveal Trailer.
The game is set to launch for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S on Friday, 13th October 2023, but you can pre-order it now.
- Make the game work from the networking perspective, while touching several aspects of the game:
- Matchmaking: Revamped our invasion matchmaking by utilizing Online Beacons.
- Save System: Custom serialization (and compression) of data over the network to achieve atomic replication of data types not supported by Unreal Header Tool.
- Gameplay Ability System: Fixed several gameplay abilities not performing properly over the network, and made one from the ground up.
- Character Movement:
- Fixed an engine bug that targets remote clients on a listen-server having a very low animations play rate.
- Properly switched to movement modes, such that no weird issues happen.
- UI: Fixed visually breaking issues, and a bunch of memory leaks.
- Animation: Fixed de-synchronized animations on server and clients.
- Audio: Fixed audio bugs, where audio wasn’t being played properly across the network.
- Profiling and optimizing game’s network bandwidth using Networking Insights.
- Effectively identified and disabled replication on many Objects and properties that didn’t need it.
- Effectively skipped data replication for connections that were able to conclude that data from elsewhere.
- Utilized Oodle Network plugin to manually compress serialized network data for improved player experience.